2014 construction season to get underway
March 11, 2014
More than $140 million of work to be done in the Northwest Region
A sure sign of spring! Beginning the week of March 17 the 2014 construction season kicks off with the start of several projects in the northwest region. Construction projects will cover lane miles from the I-94 border with Minnesota through Jackson County to work on the Bong Bridge in Superior and points in-between.
Five projects are planned along the interstate this year. In addition, other projects scheduled include:
- US 2 Bong Bridge in Douglas County
- US 2/US 53 Interchange in Douglas County
- Completing WIS 35 Radio Road project in St. Croix County
- New eastbound bridge over Red Cedar River in Dunn County
- New pavement on I-94 between WIS 37 and WIS 93 in Eau Claire County
- WIS 93 Independence in Trempealeau County
Motorists are recommended to plan ahead and be prepared for delays when traveling during the construction season. "We appreciate everyone’s patience as we head into another construction season in Wisconsin," said Northwest Region Director Don Gutkowski. "We know it can be inconvenient at times when routes need to be altered or it takes longer to get to your destination. But in the end we will have a safer, more efficient transportation system for all motorists."
Motorists are encouraged to visit Wisconsin 511 online for up-to-date travel information.
For more information, contact:
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT NW Region Communications
(715) 833-9814, email@example.com