County K closure scheduled to begin next week in Wausau
March 14, 2014
On-ramp to southbound US 51 also scheduled to close
Work on the reconstruction of the US 51/Marathon County U and K interchange in Wausau is scheduled to resume next week. Motorists can expect the following closures and detours beginning Monday, March 17:
- The eastbound and westbound lanes of County K (Business 51) under the US 51 bridges will be closed until early October 2014. During the closure, traffic will be detoured via County U and Overlook Drive.
- The on-ramp to southbound US 51 from County K. Crews plan to complete and open a new ramp to southbound US 51 by October 2014.
The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
The on-ramp to northbound US 51 from County K (Business 51) and the southbound US 51 off-ramp to County K (Business 51) will remain open to traffic.
The closure of County K (Business 51) is necessary for crews to complete a temporary roadway that will carry US 51 traffic, while the US 51 bridges over County K are completed.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution as they approach the work zone.
To sign up for weekly construction updates for this project, or to learn more about the interchange reconstruction, please visit the project website.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution in work zones and should be alert for slow moving vehicles. For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com