Work on I-39 in Marquette County scheduled to begin next week
March 21, 2014
Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures and speed reductions
Bridge maintenance along I-39 in Marquette County is currently scheduled to begin Monday, March 24.
Zenith Tech Inc., of Waukesha is the prime contractor for the $1.3 million project. Improvements include:
- Overlaying the I-39 northbound bridge over Neenah Creek with concrete.
- Raising Grouse Drive over I-39 to meet current design and safety standards and painting the steel girders to extend the life of the bridge.
- Overlaying the I-39 northbound bridge over County O with concrete.
- Overlaying the I-39 northbound bridge over WIS 23/County P with concrete and applying an anti-skid treatment to the bridge surface.
- Overlaying the I-39 northbound bridge over County CX with concrete and reinforcing the bridge slopes.
During construction, motorists on I-39 can expect to encounter single lane closures and a speed reduction to 55 mph. Grouse Drive will be closed after Memorial Day until mid-July. No formal detour will be posted.
Construction is scheduled for completion by mid-July 2014.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com