Bridge inspections scheduled in Waushara, Waupaca, Portage counties next week
May 2, 2014
Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures
Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures on several bridges next week while crews perform routine inspections and maintenance operations. Some of the lane closures will require flagging operations.
- Waushara County XX north of Berlin. The County Road XX bridge over the Fox River will have single lane closure on Monday, May 5, from noon to 2 p.m.
- WIS 156 east of Clintonville. The WIS 156 bridges over the Wolf River and the Embarrass River will have single lane closures on Tuesday, May 6, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- WIS 54 in Royalton. The WIS 54 bridge over the Little Wolf River will have single lane closures on Tuesday, May 6, from 1 to 3 p.m.
- US 10 near Freemont. The US 10 bridges eastbound and westbound over the Wolf River will have single lane closures on Wednesday, May, 7 from 8 a.m. to noon.
- WIS 96 in Freemont. The WIS 96 bridges over the Wolf River will have single lane closures on Wednesday, May 7, from 1 to 3 p.m.
- County HH in Plover. The County HH bridge over the Wisconsin will have a single lane closure on Thursday, May 8, from 8 to 11 a.m.
Motorists should remain alert for slow moving vehicles and potential traffic backups during peak travel times. To avoid any delays motorists may want to use alternate routes. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution in work zones and should be alert for slow moving vehicles. For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org