WIS 21 resurfacing scheduled to begin in Adams, Waushara counties
May 8, 2014
Work on 13 miles of WIS 21, between WIS 13 and Third Lane, in Adams and Waushara counties is scheduled to begin Tuesday, May 27.
DL Gasser Construction is the prime contractor for the $3 million project. Crews will mill the existing pavement surface and replace it with new asphalt. Additional improvements include:
- Installing centerline and edge line rumble strips
- Replacing beam guard
- Widening the paved shoulders
- Installing new signing and pavement markings
During construction, WIS 21 will remain open to traffic. Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures and flagging operations through the work zone.
Construction is currently scheduled for completion in mid-July 2014.
Eighty percent of the project will be paid for with federal transportation funds; the remaining 20 percent will be paid for with state transportation funds.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com