Lanes closures scheduled in Marathon County next week
May 16, 2014
Motorists can expect to encounter daytime lane closures beginning Monday, May 19 at the following locations in Marathon County:
- I-39 (Rothschild) – Crews plan to complete pavement marking operations and the installation of an epoxy overlay to the bridge over the Wisconsin River. When lanes are closed the speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph.
- Business 51 (Rothschild) – Crews plan to complete staining the I-39 bridge over Business 51.
- WIS 49/153 (Elderon) – Crews will complete paving and pavement marking at the intersection of WIS 49 with WIS 153. Motorists should be prepared to encounter flagging operations and minor delays.
All of the work is expected to be completed by the end of the day on Friday, May 23. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com