US 51 freeway closures scheduled in Wausau this week
May 19, 2014
Brief closures necessary to conduct blasting operations for construction of the new US 51/Marathon County U and K interchange
Crews are planning brief (5 to 20 minutes) closures of the northbound and southbound lanes of US 51, between Bridge Street and Decator Drive, in Wausau on:
- Tuesday, May 20, at 10 a.m. and at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 21 at 10 a.m. and at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, May 22 at 10 a.m. and at 7 p.m.
The freeway closures are necessary for crews to conduct blasting operations adjacent to the highway. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution as they approach the work zone and should be prepared to stop. To avoid delays associated with the closures, motorists may want to use alternate routes.
To sign up for weekly construction updates, or to learn more about the interchange reconstruction, please visit the project website.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org