US 45 improvements in Oneida County scheduled to begin June 2
May 23, 2014
Construction crews plan to begin working on 16.3 miles of US 45 between US 8 (Monico) and WIS 32 (Three Lakes) on Monday, June 2.
Northeast Asphalt Inc., is the prime contractor for the $2.8 million project. Crews will mill the roadway and repave it with new asphalt. Additional improvements include:
- Placing an anti-skid surface on the bridge over the railroad located north of Oneida County C
- Replacing all signing and pavement markings
- Updating and replacing the beam guard at the railroad bridge and the Crystal Creek box culvert
Construction is currently scheduled for completion by mid-July 2014. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
US 45 will remain open to traffic. Motorists can expect to encounter temporary signals at the bridge over the railroad, and lane closures using flagging operations.
Eighty percent of the project will be paid for with federal transportation funds; the remaining 20 percent will be paid with state transportation funds.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org