Routine bridge inspections scheduled for US 51/WIS 29 west interchange in Wausau
May 29, 2014
Crews are planning lane and ramp closures next week on the US 51/WIS 29 west interchange bridges, located in Wausau. Work is scheduled to begin Monday, June 2.
The lane closures are necessary for crews to complete routine bridge inspections and bridge maintenance operations.
- The westbound WIS 29 ramp (Exit 191 A) will have daytime, single lane closures from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday, June 2 and Tuesday, June 3.
- The eastbound WIS 29 to northbound US 51 ramp (Exit 164B) will be closed from 4 p.m. on Monday, June 2 to 10 p.m. Tuesday, June 3. During the closure traffic will be detoured via eastbound WIS 52 (Exit 164 A).
- The northbound US 51 off-ramp to Sherman Street (Exit 191B) will be closed from 6 to 10 p.m. on Monday, June 2. No detour will be posted during the closure. Motorists are advised to allow extra time.
- Northbound US 51/WIS 29 between the Marathon County NN off-ramp and the Stewart Avenue bridge will be reduced to a single lane from 6 to 10 p.m. on Monday, June 2 and Tuesday, June 3.
- Southbound US 51/WIS 29 between the WIS 52 off-ramp and the Big Rib River bridge will be reduced to a single lane from 6 to 10 p.m. on Monday, June 2 and Tuesday, June 3.
The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status. Motorists are reminded to drive with caution through work zones and be alert for slow moving vehicles.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org