Multiple ramps to close for extended periods of time at I-43/US 41/Velp Avenue
May 29, 2014
Tub girder erection continues at interchange
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing multiple, extended ramp closures to erect tub girders for the new I-43/US 41 interchange, flyover ramps. The closures are slated for eight full days.
Ramp closures include:
- Northbound US 41 to southbound I-43 loop ramp will close 8 p.m. June 2.
- Traffic seeking southbound I-43 should plan an alternate route.
- Northbound US 41 on-ramp from Velp Avenue will close 6 p.m. June 2.
- Traffic seeking northbound US 41/US 141 should follow the signed US 141 detour south on US 41 to WIS 29, take WIS 29 east to northbound US 41, and follow northbound US 41 until it becomes US 141.
- Northbound I-43 to southbound US 41 loop ramp will close 8 p.m. June 3.
- Traffic seeking southbound US 41 should plan alternate route.
- Southbound US 41 off-ramp to Velp Avenue will close 6 p.m. June 3.
- Traffic seeking Velp Avenue should exit at WIS 29, take WIS 29 east to northbound US 41 to Velp Avenue (US 141).
All four ramps are scheduled to open the week of June 8.
Various other ramps at the I-43/US 41 interchange and the Velp Avenue interchange will have intermittent, nighttime closures over the next month for erecting tub girders. Please note, this operation is weather-dependent. Refer to the US 41 Project website, for daily updates of ramp closures. The US 41 Project Twitter and Facebook will also have daily updates and closures for the interchange ramps.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the Northeast Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, US 41 project communication manager
(920) 492-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org