Bridge inspections to begin in Marathon, Portage, Waupaca counties next week
May 30, 2014
Motorists can expect daytime lane closures
Crews are planning single, daytime lane closures on several bridges in Marathon, Portage, and Waupaca counties beginning Monday, June 2.
The lane closures are necessary for crews to complete routine bridge deck inspections.
- Eastbound and westbound WIS 29 over 72nd Avenue (west of Wausau).
- Eastbound and westbound WIS 29 over 48th Avenue (west of Wausau).
- Eastbound and westbound WIS 29 over the Little Rib River (west of Wausau).
- Northbound and southbound US 51 over Maine Drive (north of Wausau).
- Northbound and southbound US 51 over Rainbow Drive (north of Wausau).
- WIS 34 over the Wisconsin River (town of Knowlton).
- County WW over the Wisconsin River (village of Brokaw).
- Northbound and southbound I-39/US 51 over WIS 66 (Stevens Point).
- Northbound and southbound I-39/US 51 over CN Railroad (Stevens Point).
- Eastbound US 10 over I-39/US 51(Stevens Point).
- WIS 54 over I-39/US 51 (Plover).
- WIS 110 over the Wolf River (village of Freemont).
Work is scheduled for completion on Thursday, June 5. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution through work zones and should be alert for slow moving vehicles.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com