Reminder: Meeting set for US 41 work in Brown/Outagamie counties
June 9, 2014
Meeting to focus on preliminary design concepts and public comment
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is providing this reminder that a public involvement meeting has been scheduled to discuss preliminary design concepts for US 41 improvements from County J to Orange Lane in Outagamie and Brown counties. The meeting will be held tomorrow, Tuesday, June 10 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Lawrence Town Hall, 2400 Shady Court, De Pere. A brief presentation will be provided at 5:15 p.m. Construction is scheduled for 2017.
The project includes the following:
- Concrete and asphalt surface repairs on US 41.
- Safety improvements including installation of median cable guard, repair of concrete barriers and shoulder widening.
- Various surface/deck repairs on bridges within project limits.
- Reconstruction of the Wrightstown Safety and Weight Enforcement Facility.
- The County S park and ride facility will be resurfaced and expanded to 104 stalls from the current 54.
US 41 will remain open during the project with a temporary median crossover planned maintaining two lanes of northbound and southbound traffic during the project. Any lane closures will be limited to off-peak hours.
The purpose of the meeting is to provide information on the proposed improvements, review the alternatives being considered and to obtain input that will assist the department in developing the project. Representatives from the WisDOT will be available to discuss the project, answer questions and receive comments.
Members of the public unable to attend the meeting, or would like more information should contact Project Manager Tim Rank of WisDOT at (920) 492-4118. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Tim Rank, WisDOT NE Region, 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact:
Kim Rudat, WisDOT regional communications manager
(920) 492-5743, email@example.com