Public meeting for the improvement on US 63 in Washburn County
June 10, 2014
Meeting to focus on proposed improvements
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northwest Region will be holding a public information meeting to discuss planned improvements to US 63 between Woodyard Road and County B East. The meeting is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. on Monday, June 23 at the Shell Lake City Hall Council Chambers, located at 501 1st Street, Shell Lake.
The improvement project consists of:
- Adding right and left turn lanes at County D and Hill Top Road
- Adding right turn lanes at Peterson Drive and the school
- Creating a two-way-left-turn lane and pedestrian island configuration within Shell Lake
- Constructing a pedestrian and bicycle path east of US 63 between Industrial Boulevard and County B (east) that will go through Memorial Park
- Improving side road, park, driveway and sidewalk connections within Shell Lake
- Widening paved shoulders
The project is scheduled to begin April 2015 and be completed in the fall of 2015. The work will be done under traffic, but short term detours will be needed for utility and intersection work. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting, provide input and ask questions concerning this project. WisDOT representatives will be available to discuss the project on an individual basis.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, or would like more information, contact Project Manager Phil Keppers at (715) 395-3027. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Phil Keppers, WisDOT, 1701 N. 4th Street, Superior, WI 54873. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Phil at least three working days prior to meeting.
For more information, contact:
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT NW Region Communications
(715) 833-9814, email@example.com