Work starting for US 141 and County Road E improvements in Oconto County
June 30, 2014
Work starting Monday, July 7
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing work starting on a $2.2 million project to improve safety at the intersection of US 141 and County Road E in the town of Abrams. Work will begin Monday, July 7 and finish by mid-October. This project is needed to reduce the amount and severity of crashes at the intersection.
RC Excavating of Suamico, WI is the prime contractor.
The project includes:
- The curve of US 141 will be reconstructed.
- Access to County E will be restricted to a right in/right out.
- A U-turn will be placed in the median of the US 141 north of County Road E.
- Access to and from Habeck Lane will be moved north of its current location.
During construction, one lane in each direction will remain open on US 141. County E will be closed for portions of the project. During these closures the detour for County E traffic will be County E to County EE to County D to US 141.
The ramp from US 41 south to US 141 north will also be closed during construction. The detour for US 41 south to US 141 north will be US 41 south to County D to US 141 north.
For more information, contact:
Kim Rudat, WisDOT regional communications manager
(920) 492-5743, email@example.com