WIS 29 bridge improvements scheduled in Marathon County
July 3, 2014
Bridge improvements on the westbound WIS 29 bridges over Porky Creek (Abbotsford) and the Big Eau Pleine River (Marathon City), are scheduled to begin Monday, July 7.
Zenith Tech, Inc. of Waukesha is the prime contractor for the $640,000 project that will extend the service life of the pavement and the bridges. Work includes:
- Repairing concrete deck overlays
- Improving the bridge approaches with concrete repairs and overlays
- Replacing guardrail
- Installing new signing and pavement markings
WIS 29 will remain open to traffic during construction. Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures on westbound WIS 29. Construction is scheduled for completion by early September 2014.
The project will be paid for with combinations of federal and state transportation funds.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com