WIS 54 roadway improvements in Wood County scheduled to begin next week
July 17, 2014
Work on 11.9 miles of WIS 54 between Wood County ZZ and WIS 80, is scheduled to begin Monday, July 21.
American Asphalt of Wisconsin is the prime contractor for the $2.6 million project. Crews will mill the existing roadway and replace it with new asphalt. Additional improvements include:
- Widening the paved shoulders
- Replacing curb and gutter at the County ZZ intersection
- Replacing culvert pipes along the project
- Installing centerline and shoulder rumble strips
- Installing permanent signing and pavement markings
During construction, WIS 54 will remain open to traffic. Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures and flagging operations.
Construction is scheduled for completion by September 2014.
Eighty percent of the project will be paid with federal transportation funds; the remaining 20 percent will be paid with state transportation funds.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org