Reminder: Work starting on Claude Allouez roundabout
July 21, 2014
Traffic will be impacted during project
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is providing this reminder that construction has been scheduled for modifying the curb and gutter and truck apron portions of the roundabout (WIS 32/57) at the east end of the Claude Allouez Bridge in De Pere. The work is scheduled to begin Thursday, July 24 at 8 p.m. and be completed by Monday, July 28 at 5 a.m. Cost is estimated at $88,000.
This work will impact traffic and motorists are advised to seek alternate routes during construction:
- The inside circulating lane of the roundabout will be closed and traffic will be detoured to
provide an adequate buffer for construction and an area for construction vehicles to be staged.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured along Lewis Street to Erie Street to George Street and to Wisconsin Street.
- Southbound through and left traffic will be detoured west along Main Avenue to South 6th Street to Reid Street to 3rd Street and back to Main Avenue.
- The westbound through and right, southbound right, and eastbound right movements will be maintained at all times.
In 2012, the lane configuration of the roundabout was changed by modifying the pavement marking and signs. As a result of these changes, the number of crashes has been reduced. In coordination with the city of De Pere, this project will make the pavement marking changes permanent by adjusting the curb and gutter and truck apron to match the current lane configuration.
Please note this work is weather-dependent and could be delayed. Should the project be rescheduled, WisDOT will announce the new dates at that time.
Motorists are reminded to use caution and remain alert when driving through this or any work zone.
For more information, contact:
Kim Rudat, WisDOT regional communications manager
(920) 492-5743, firstname.lastname@example.org