US 51/WIS 29 lane closures, speed reductions, and a ramp closure planned next week in Wausau
July 24, 2014
Crews are planning lane and ramp closures next week on US 51/WIS 29, in Wausau, beginning Tuesday, July 29. The closures are necessary for pavement maintenance.
- Tuesday, July 29, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. -- the WIS 29 eastbound to US 51 southbound ramp will be closed. During the closure eastbound WIS 29 to southbound US 51 motorists will be detoured via east WIS 52.
- Tuesday, July 29 -- southbound US 51/WIS between Sherman Street and Robin Lane will be reduced to a single lane.
- Wednesday, July 30 -- southbound US 51 between Sherman Street and Robin Lane will be reduced to two lanes.
The speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph in the work zone. Motorists are reminded to drive with caution in work zones and should be alert for slow moving vehicles. Some short-term backups and delays are possible. Motorists should allow extra time for travel or find an alternate route.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com