WIS 64 improvements scheduled in Langlade County
July 24, 2014
Improvements to approximately 12 miles of WIS 64, between the Lincoln County line and Zima Road (Antigo), are scheduled to begin Monday, August 4.
Northeast Asphalt Inc. is the prime contractor for the $1.5 million project. Crews will mill the roadway and resurface it with new asphalt. Additional improvements include:
- Replacing beam guard to meet current safety standards
- Shaping and finishing the highway shoulders with additional base aggregate
- Replacing permanent signs and installing new pavement markings
- Repairing the bridge deck of the west branch of the Eau Claire River
- Installing centerline rumble strips
WIS 64 will remain open during construction. Motorists can expect to encounter flagging operations, a 12-foot width restriction, and temporary traffic signals. Construction is currently scheduled for completion by September 30, 2014.
Eighty percent of the project will be paid for with federal transportation funds; the remaining 20 percent will be paid with state transportation funds.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org