Next stage of WIS 23 construction from Green Lake to Ripon scheduled to begin Monday
July 24, 2014
WIS 23 between County A west (Green Lake County) and Arcade Glen Road (Fond du Lac County) will be closed, detoured
Crews plan to begin stage two of construction on WIS 23 in Green Lake County (between County A west and WIS 49/County A east) on Monday, July 28. This stage of the project includes the reconstruction of the Puchyan River bridge.
Traffic impacts and detours for WIS 23 in Green Lake and Fond du Lac counties:
- July 11 through July 28 – WIS 23 (WIS 49/County A east to Arcade Glen Road in Ripon) is closed to through traffic and detoured via County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49.
- July 28 through August 15 – WIS 23 (County A west in Green Lake County to Arcade Glen Road in Fond du Lac County) will be closed to through traffic and detoured via WIS 73, County K, County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49.
- August 15 through November 2014 – WIS 23 (County A west to WIS 49/County A east) will be closed and detoured via WIS 73, County K, County A.
Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained. Motorists may encounter daytime, single lane closures and flagging operations on WIS 49/County A east. The WIS 23/49/County A east intersection will remain open to traffic with a four-way stop during all stages of construction.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org