Shawano Avenue ramp to close for 21-days on Monday, July 28
July 25, 2014
All ramps and portion of Shawano Avenue now closed
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing the northbound US 41 exit ramp to eastbound Shawano Avenue will close for a maximum of 21 days on Monday, July 28. Shawano Avenue from Taylor Street to Packerland Drive and all other Shawano interchange ramps closed on July 7 for 60 days.
WIS 29 detour is as follows:
- Westbound WIS 29 will be detoured at Military Avenue, take Military south to Mason Street and Mason west to US 41 northbound and follow US 41 northbound to the new WIS 29 westbound flyover ramp.
- Eastbound WIS 29 will be detoured south on US 41 to WIS 172, take WIS 172 eastbound to I-43 southbound to the WIS 29 exit.
- A detailed map of closure area and alternate routes can be found at the project website.
The closure is needed for complete reconstruction of the Shawano Avenue interchange.
WisDOT is reminding drivers the new US 41 to westbound WIS 29 flyover ramps do not have an exit at County EB/Packerland Drive. US 41 northbound and southbound drivers wanting to access County EB/Packerland Drive should exit at WIS 54/Mason Street and take Mason Street west to Packerland Drive.
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Log on to the US 41 project website for details of all projects. The US 41 Project can also be found on Facebook and Twitter. For statewide projects and traffic alerts, go to the WisDOT website, visit Wisconsin 511 online or call 5-1-1. For more information regarding traffic impacts in all of the Northeast Region:
- Follow Northeast Region on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, US 41 Project communications manager
(920) 492-4153, email@example.com