Heavy event traffic expected during EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh this week
July 28, 2014
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is reminding drivers to expect heavy event traffic for EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh. Traffic impacts from the event are expected to occur Monday, July 28 through Sunday, August 3 on US 41 and surrounding roads and highways in Winnebago County. Drivers should pay close attention to message boards and traffic control signs. US 41 traffic should be aware of the potential for traffic slowing down and/or stopping due to heavy traffic.
- Days/events that could impact travel to and from AirVenture:
- Wednesday night air show with fireworks
- Thunderbirds’ practice Friday
- Friday afternoon/evening with recreational, commuter and event traffic all utilizing the freeway
- Saturday Thunderbirds Air Show and Packers Family Night (expect very heavy traffic on freeway)
- Sunday Thunderbirds Air Show with events wrapping up by around 3 p.m.
There will be minimal traffic impacts from the US 41 Project in Winnebago County during AirVenture. Travelers can expect a single lane closure on US 41 between WIS 76 and County Road G, but there will be two, 12-foot lanes open at all times. There will be no work on the WIS 441 Tri-County Project due to AirVenture.
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For the latest traffic information, go to Wisconsin 511 online or call 5-1-1. For more information regarding traffic impacts in all of the Northeast Region:
- Follow Northeast Region on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, US 41 Project communication manager
(920) 492-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org