Work at WIS 20 and WIS 75 intersection in Racine County to begin
August 5, 2014
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will begin a reconstruction project at the intersection of WIS 20 and WIS 75 in the town of Dover, Racine County. The intersection will be closed to through traffic as the project limits extend 1500 feet on each leg of the intersection. Businesses at the intersection will be accessible.
The project will begin August 7 until late fall. It will consist of construction of a roundabout along with new storm sewers and signage.
The crash rate of the WIS 20 and WIS 75 intersection is above the state average and 60 percent of those accidents involve an injury. Recent intersection improvements have not reduced the crash rate. Construction of a roundabout will reduce injury accidents and allow for efficient traffic flow.
- WIS 20 will be restricted to local traffic between County N and US 45.
- Traffic will be routed to County N, County A and US 45.
- WIS 75 will be restricted to local traffic between WIS 20 and County A.
- Follow the WIS 20 detour.
As always, we ask that drivers are courteous and careful when driving near the work zone.
For more information, contact:
Brian DeNeve, WisDOT SE Region Communications
(262) 548-8759, email@example.com