Lineville Road interchange to close for 60 days on Monday, August 18
August 13, 2014
Motorists advised to plan alternate routes
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing the Lineville Road (County M) interchange, including the Lineville Road bridge, will be CLOSED for 60 days starting Monday, August 18. Motorists are advised to plan an alternate route as early as 12 a.m. Monday morning. The interchange will be shut down for a maximum of 60 days.
The closure includes:
- US 41/Lineville Road interchange ramps
- Lineville Road between West Deerfield Avenue and Lakeview Drive (County Road J)
- Lineville Road intersection with West Deerfield Avenue
- Lineville Road intersection with East Deerfield Avenue (Note: Only East Deerfield Avenue will be able to cross Lineville Road. East Deerfield will remain open for access to local businesses.)
- Use Lakeview Drive or County B as an alternate route across US 41
- Use County B and Velp Avenue interchanges for access to and from US 41 (Note: Velp Avenue could experience heavy delays if used as an alternate route prior to Shawano Avenue opening)
- A detailed map of alternate routes for local access can be found at the US 41 project website.
The Shawano Avenue interchange is also closed for construction until the first week of September. Velp Avenue could experience heavier-than-usual delays if used as an alternate route while Shawano Avenue is closed. Motorists are encouraged to use County B as an alternative until Shawano Avenue opens the first week of September. Mason Street to Packerland and WIS 29 to County FF are open and serve as options to reach the Howard area or Lineville Road.
The US 41 Project’s Lineville bridge and intersection work includes constructing four roundabouts: one at each ramp terminal; one at the intersection of Lineville Road and East Deerfield Avenue; and one at the intersection of Lineville Road and West Deerfield Avenue. Other work includes replacing the Lineville Road bridge over US 41, constructing an additional travel lane on Lineville, constructing a free-flow right-turn lane for eastbound traffic at the southbound on-ramp, and adding bicycle and pedestrian accommodations.
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Log on to the US 41 Project website for details of all projects. The US 41 Project can also be found on Facebook and Twitter. For statewide projects and traffic alerts, go to the WisDOT website, visit Wisconsin 511 online or call 5-1-1. For more information regarding traffic impacts in all of the Northeast Region:
- Follow Northeast Region on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, WisDOT NE Region US 41 Project Communications
(920) 492-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org