WIS 44 improvements in Green Lake County scheduled to begin next week
August 14, 2014
Work on 3.8 miles of WIS 44 between School Street (Manchester) and the Grand River bridge (Markesan) is scheduled to begin Monday, August 18.
Northeast Asphalt, Inc. is the prime contractor for the $870,000 project. Crews will mill the existing roadway and resurface it with new asphalt. Additional improvements include:
- Limited ditch grading at the Memorial Cemetery to control drainage
- Replacing a large culvert located .5 miles east of WIS 73 south intersection
- Repairing storm sewer/drainage, curb and sidewalk in Markesan along Manchester and Margaret streets
- Replacing some driveway culvert pipes along WIS 44 in Manchester
- Replacing guardrail at the Grand River bridge, west of Airport Drive
WIS 44 will remain open to traffic during construction. Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures, flagging operations, and should be prepared for minor delays.
Construction is scheduled for completion by late October 2014. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
Eighty percent of the project will be paid for with federal transportation funds; the remaining 20 percent will be paid for with state transportation funds.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com