County GG and Y overpasses open Wednesday night in Winnebago County
August 20, 2014
Both bridges feature new multi-modal path
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing the County GG and Y overpasses will open Wednesday night in Winnebago County. Both overpasses had been closed for reconstruction since March 2014. The new multi-modal path across both bridges will also be open for use.
Work at County Y and County GG included:
- Replacing County Y and County GG bridges over US 41
- Constructing 10-foot paths on both bridges for pedestrians, bicycles, and snowmobile across US 41
- Raising the road profile to improve sight distance at intersections
- Reconstructing County Y / Green Valley Road intersection
- Reconstructing County GG / Woodenshoe Road intersection
Log on to the US 41 Project website for details of all projects. The US 41 Project can also be found on Facebook and Twitter. For statewide projects and traffic alerts, go to the WisDOT website, visit Wisconsin 511 online or call 5-1-1. For more information regarding traffic impacts in all of the Northeast Region:
- Follow Northeast Region on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, WisDOT NE Region US 41 Project Communications
(920) 492-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org