Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 164 (County J) - Public involvement, Lannon resolution
Resolution expressing opposition to WIS 164 through the village of Lannon
WHEREAS, the village of Lannon has become aware that a group of citizens from the town of Polk has suggested an alternative route for WIS 164 which would run north and south through the eastern portion of the village of Lannon: and
WHEREAS, the village of Lannon is concerned about this plan and its implications for the village and its citizens; and
WHEREAS, the board of the village of Lannon is desirous of expressing its opposition to this plan to the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation as well as to the village's state legislators.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the village board of the village of Lannon does hereby express its opposition to the potential rerouting of WIS 164 through the village of Lannon on the following grounds:
1. That the size and location of the proposed WIS 164 will dramatically change the entire character of the village of Lannon.
2. That given the relative small size of the village, the routing of this major highway through the village will disproportionately impact the tax base of the village in a negative way in that the land will be lost for future development.
3. That the village has just completed a land use plan and is adopting a new zoning map and zoning code all of which would be substantially impacted and adversely effected by this major change of land use.
4. That the proposed corridor for the highway would substantially disturb an existing environmental corridor with wetlands as well as a navigable waterway.
5. That this proposed alternative would divert WIS 164 substantially to the east making for a very indirect traffic path.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the village clerk is directed to provide this resolution to Mr. Brian Bliesner of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation with copies being submitted to the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission as well as to each of the state legislators representing the village.
Adopted this 8th day of November, 1999, by the village board, village of Lannon, by unanimous resolution.
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: July 30, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.