Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 164 (County J) - Schedule
For more information on Public Information Meetings (PIM), hearings and other public activities, visit Public involvement.
Future (next year and beyond)
- This project is not yet scheduled for construction but is anticipated to be when traffic volumes near the threshold for four lanes.
Construction north of Howard Lane
- Construction north of Howard Lane will occur only when or if traffic volumes in those areas of the project reach the four-lane threshold volume of 13,000 vehicles per day.
- Based on traffic projections, it is not expected that traffic volumes between Howard Lane and County Q (Waukesha County) will reach 13,000 vehicles per day before 2010. Traffic volumes in Washington County are not expected to reach 13,000 vehicles per day until 2025 or beyond.
- If traffic growth exceeds what is predicted, construction could be moved up, based on funding availability. Additionally, WisDOT is committed to completing safety and/or spot improvements as needs arise.
Past (anything prior to today)
- Study completed
- December 2001 - Final EIS (FEIS) completed which documented the preferred alternative, basis for its selection, comments on DEIS and public hearing input
- April 2001
- Public Hearing after DEIS became available for public and agency review
- Draft EIS (DEIS) completed
1999, 2000 and 2002
- PIMs provided opportunities for public to comment and ask questions
- PAC meetings
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: July 30, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.