Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 21 Planning Study - Goal and objectives
WisDOT developed draft goals and objectives using information from the local officials stakeholder committee and the stakeholder survey responses.
Meet long-term transportation needs by providing safe, dependable and efficient movement of traffic while enhancing economic viability.
- Improve mobility and operating capacity by reducing congestion and travel time.
- Improve safety by reducing intersection-related crashes and conflict points.
- Improve aesthetics by minimizing billboards and using community sensitive design techniques.
- Enhance economic viability by reducing congestion and improving accessibility.
- Find an acceptable balance between mobility and
- Develop transportation improvements that are compatible with sound comprehensive plans.
- Provide transportation improvements using cost effective strategies.
- Provide a transportation system that minimizes negative impacts on the environment and community.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: July 8, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.