Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 23 (County A to Arcade Glen Rd.) Reconstruction - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
travel information for the NC region
- NC region weekly construction update
Proposed Traffic impacts:
- Construction on WIS 23 is currently scheduled to begin in
spring 2014 and will be completed in late fall
2014. To minimize impacts to the public and businesses along the project, WisDOT is planning to construct
the project in two stages. The highway will be closed and detoured during each stage. The WIS 49/Green Lake County A
intersection will remain open to traffic with a four-way stop during all stages of construction. Access to
downtown Ripon will be maintained during construction. A 12-foot minimum surface will be
maintained at all times through the construction zone for local access and emergency services.
Real estate impacts:
- The department is purchasing right of way from 65 parcels to expand WIS 23 and realign intersections. Real estate acquisition is anticipated to be completed by fall 2013.
- Less than an acre of wetlands will be disturbed as part of this project.
- To mitigate the unavoidable wetland loss the department will utilize the Hope Marsh wetland mitigation bank.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: June 27, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.