Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 23 (County A to Arcade Glen Rd.) Reconstruction - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
- Visit Wisconsin 511 travel information for the NC region-
- NC region weekly construction update
Proposed Traffic impacts:
- Construction on WIS 23 is currently scheduled to begin in April 2014 and will be completed in late November 2014. To minimize impacts to the public and businesses along the project, WisDOT is planning to construct the project in two stages. The highway will be closed and detoured during each stage.
- Stage one: WIS 23 - from the WIS 49/Green
Lake County A intersection east to Arcade Glen Road including,
the east side of the WIS 49/Green Lake County A intersection -
will be closed to traffic beginning in April 2014 through August
2014. The intersection of North Lawson Drive and North Street in
Green Lake is also scheduled to be closed for approximately two
- During stage one traffic will be detoured via Green Lake County A, Green Lake County K, Fond du Lac County KK, WIS 44/49, to the intersection of WIS 23 and WIS 44/49 in Ripon.
- Stage two: WIS 23 - from the WIS 49/Green
Lake County A intersection west to the Green Lake County A
(North Street) intersection, including the west side of the WIS
49/Green Lake County A intersection to Green Lake County A
(North Street) intersection - will be closed to traffic
beginning in August 2014 through November 2014.
- During stage two traffic will be detoured via WIS 73 (east of Princeton), Green Lake County K, Green Lake County K, Green Lake County A, to the intersection of WIS 23 and WIS 49/Green Lake County A.
- The WIS 49/Green Lake County A intersection will remain open to traffic with a four-way stop during all stages of construction.
- Access to downtown Ripon will be maintained during the project.
- A 12 foot minimum lane width will be maintained at all times through the construction zone for local access and emergency services.
Real estate impacts:
- Real estate acquisition was completed in 2013.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: January 28, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.