Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
South La Crosse Transportation Study - Need/purpose
The study was initiated for the following reasons:
- Increased growth, development and redevelopment along the corridor.
- Increased congestion, delays and safety concerns at specific locations.
- Need for a balance between land use and local and regional transportation.
- Geometric deficiencies on the current roadway.
- Lack of integrated multi-modal opportunities (bicycle,
transit and pedestrian facilities).
- Need for a long-term vision and plan for the corridor.
- Need for short- or intermediate-term transportation improvements to be consistent with the long-term vision and plan for the area.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: June 17, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.