Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 23 (County A to Arcade Glen Rd.) Reconstruction - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
- NC Region weekly construction update
Construction began in April 2014. Work is scheduled for completion in late November.
Currently scheduled traffic impacts for WIS 23 in Green Lake and Fond du Lac counties include:
- July 28 through September 8 -- WIS 23 (County A west in Green Lake County to Arcade Glen Road in Fond du Lac County) is closed to through traffic and detoured via WIS 73, County K, County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49.
- September 8 through November 2014 – WIS 23 (County A west to WIS 49/County A east) will be closed and detoured via WIS 73, County K, County A.
- Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained.
- Motorists may encounter daytime, single lane closures and flagging operations on WIS 49/County A east.
- The WIS 23/49/County A east intersection will remain open to traffic with a four-way stop during all stages of construction.
- Access to downtown Ripon will be maintained during the project.
- A 12-foot minimum lane width will be maintained at all times through the construction zone for local access and emergency services.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: July 31, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.