Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Business 51 (Post Road) - Public involvement information
Information on ways the public/businesses can and are encouraged to participate in projects.
- WisDOT holds PIMs to hear comments and keep public informed of the study progress.
- Abutting property owners are notified of PIMs by mail. A notice is also published in local newspapers.
- Goal of PIM is to obtain feedback. WisDOT encourages property and business owners along the corridor, interested citizens, and other stakeholders to attend the meetings, provide input, and ask questions.
- Public Hearing
- Purpose of a public hearing is to record public testimony regarding a project's Environmental Document (ED).
- Spoken testimony will be recorded and can be delivered in a public or in a private setting at the hearing. Testimony can also be provided in writing.
- Detailed project information describing the recommended improvements and their effects will be provided in an informal open house format.
- Project team members will be available for one-on-one discussions.
- Other meetings as needed
- View materials displayed at meetings
This Together program - Through communication and
cooperation, businesses can not only survive, but thrive, when
road construction comes to town.
- Workbook and Case studies that demonstrate techniques that have been successfully used in communities throughout Wisconsin.
- Promotional samples showing a variety of examples of how businesses have promoted their businesses during construction.
- List your business, when it is located in WisDOT construction zones, on WisDOT's business listing pages.
- This program is offered to business and community leaders as an idea source as they plan for road construction in their area.
- In This Together program - Through communication and cooperation, businesses can not only survive, but thrive, when road construction comes to town.
- Public notices
- News releases
- Fact sheets
- Sign up on an email distribution list
- Focus and/or Stakeholders
- Project Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Provide project comments - WisDOT welcomes project comments/suggestions. Please give us your
comments/suggestions on this project, the project goals, transportation
deficiencies, project purpose and need, and preliminary alternatives.
- Submit comments at PIMs and/or other public meetings
- Send project comments via email to project staff
- Via online comment/questionnaire
Thank you for your interest and assistance with this important project.
WisDOT North Central Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: June 27, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.