Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51 intersection with County C/North Star Rd. - Fast facts
|View NC, US 51 intersection with County C/North Star Rd. - Merrill, Lincoln County in a larger map.|
US 51, at the intersection of Lincoln County C and North Star Road, in Merrill, in Lincoln County.
- Crews will build a new overpass to improve safety at this location.
- WisDOT analysis of the crash history at this rural expressway location identified the intersection of US 51/Lincoln County C/North Star Road as a priority highway safety project need.
- The overpass was also identified as the most cost effective solution to address the relative high number of collisions and injuries.
- Once construction begins, crews will permanently remove Lincoln County C access to US 51.
- The North Star Road access to US 51 will be permanently closed following improvements to the railroad crossing on North Star Road.
- May 13, 2013 - Construction began
- Late Sept. 2013 - Construction scheduled for completion
- US 51 will remain open to traffic during construction.
- Motorists can expect single lane closures.
- Some nighttime closures of US 51 will be required to set girders for the overpass. During these nighttime closures, traffic will be detoured via Lincoln County K.
Construction started May 2013.
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT North Central Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
North Central Region, Wisconsin Rapids Office
1681 Second Ave. South
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Phone: (715) 421-8301
Fax: (715) 423-0334
WisDOT North Central Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: September 23, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.