Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51 (Rocky Run Rd.-Oneida County Y) - Public involvement
- Join our distribution list
to receive updates and notices via email on
US 51 (Rocky Run Rd.-Oneida County Y).
- You should receive an email confirming your subscription. Contact Kristin McHugh if you have difficulties or questions about subscribing.
Public Information Meetings (PIM), hearings and other meetings
- No scheduled meetings
Note - Some of the documents below, from prior public outreach efforts, include information from the initial proposal.
- Sept. 11, 2013 - Comments on the EA were due
The proposed project from Rocky Run Road to County Y was
initially part of a larger improvement
project on US 51 from Rocky Run Road to Oneida Street, which included other proposed improvements.
As WisDOT progressed through the National Environmental Policy
Act (NEPA) process, it was
determined that the Rocky Run Road to County Y section was distinctly different in terms of safety and geometric
characteristics, giving it independent utility. WisDOT made the determination to proceed with the proposed two-lane
roadway project from Rocky Run Road to County Y separately under a new Environmental Assessment.
- August 27, 2013 - Public Hearing
- July 31, 2013 - Local officials meeting (town of Hazelhurst)
- July 30, 2013 - Local officials meeting (town of Cassian)
- July 12, 2013 - Stakeholders group meeting
- Jan. 14, 2013 - Stakeholders group meeting
- June 19, 2012 - PIM
- May 11, 2012 - Local officials meeting
- Feb. 24, 2012 - Local officials meeting
- Dec. 3, 2012 - Stakeholders group meeting
- Dec. 1, 2011 - PIM
- Handout/comment sheet (Note - Comments were due Dec. 31, 2011)
- The rights of landowners under Wisconsin Eminent Domain law
- Nov. 28, 2011 - Local officials meeting
WisDOT welcomes project comments/suggestions. Please give us your comments/suggestions on this project, the project goals, transportation deficiencies, project purpose and need, and preliminary alternatives. Thank you for your interest and assistance with this important project.
- Submit comments at PIMs and/or other public meetings
- Send project comments via email to project staff
WisDOT North Central Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: October 4, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.