Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51/County U/County K/Business 51 Interchange
Wausau, Marathon County
- NC region Plans, studies and projects
- US 51/County U/County K/Business 51 Interchange
- Public involvement
- Traffic impacts
- Project photos
- Related info.
- Sign up for project updates
|View NC, US 51/County U/County K/Business 51 Interchange project maps.|
- US 51, Bridge St. to Decator Dr., Wausau, Marathon County.
- Northbound and southbound ramp terminals at US 51/County U/County K/Business 51.
- County K, N. 20th Ave. to Campus Dr.
- County U, N. 20th Ave. to Badger Ave.
- Overlook Dr., County U to County K.
- Reconstruction of 2 miles of US 51, Bridge St. to Decator Dr.
- Work on US 51 primarily includes pavement replacement.
- The freeway will be slightly relocated in some areas to minimize impacts to adjacent properties.
- Reconstruction of the interchange including the reconstruction of portions of Marathon County K/Business 51 and County U.
- Replacing the County U structure over US 51.
- Constructing roundabouts at the US 51 ramp terminals with Business 51.
- Reconstructing County U as a four-lane, urban roadway between Westwood Dr. and Business 51.
- Paving Overlook Dr., County U to County K.
US 51 serves multiple communities and is a regional backbone highway providing a primary north-south roadway in Wisconsin for a wide variety of industries including manufacturing, wholesale, retail, and service businesses.
Planning started in 2004. Design work started in 2008. Reconstruction is scheduled to start in 2013, with completion in 2014.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: June 27, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.