Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51/County U/County K/Business 51 Interchange - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
- The existing pavement on US 51 is deteriorated and is in need of replacement
- The County U structure spanning US 51, does not meet current design standards and vertical clearance requirements, and needs to be replaced
These two elements make up a large portion of the overall interchange, which requires reconstruction of the entire interchange to meet current design standards, while addressing the two immediate improvement needs.
Project benefits/anticipated outcomes
- Improved safety and mobility for motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians
- Improve structural deficiencies
- Improve the roadway geometrics and roadway features to current design standards
- Improve the deteriorated pavements
- Provide operational improvements throughout the US 51/County U and K/Business 51 interchange
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: July 15, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.