Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51/County U/County K/Business 51 Interchange - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
travel information for the NC region
- NC region weekly construction update
Alternative routes and construction staging
- Two lanes of traffic in each direction will be maintained on
US 51 during peak travel hours.
- Northbound US 51 (north of County K) will have a single lane closure for approximately one week in September 2014.
- Periodic 15 to 20 minute closures of US 51 for blasting
operations and beam placement.
- Blasting operations are tentatively scheduled to start in mid April 2014.
- Periodic, temporary closures of interchange ramps.
- County K traffic will be detoured via County U and Overlook Drive for approximately six months.
All closures are dependent on favorable weather conditions. Please drive with caution through work zones.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: February 19, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.