Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51/County U/County K/Business 51 Interchange - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
travel information for the NC region
- NC region weekly construction update
Alternative routes and construction staging
- Two lanes of traffic in each direction will be maintained on US 51 during peak travel hours.
- A four-night closure of US 51 to remove the County U bridge
over US 51.
- Traffic will be detoured via the existing interchange ramps.
- The contractor is tentatively scheduling this for April 1 through April 4, 2013.
- County U will be closed to traffic beginning April 1, 2013
for approximately six months.
- During the closure, traffic will be detoured via Westwood Drive and Bridge Street.
- Periodic 15 to 20 minute closures of US 51 for blasting
operations and beam placement.
- Blasting operations are tentatively scheduled to start in mid-May 2013.
- Periodic, temporary closures of interchange ramps.
- County K traffic will be detoured to through traffic for
approximately six months in 2014.
- Traffic will be detoured via County U and Overlook Drive.
All closures are dependent on favorable weather conditions. Please drive with caution through work zones.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: June 27, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.