Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 54/Maple Dr. Intersection
- Fast facts
|View NC, WIS 54/Maple Dr. Intersection - Portage County in a larger map.|
WIS 54/Maple Dr. intersection, in the village of Plover, in Portage County.
- The curve of WIS 54, combined with the angle at which Maple Dr. intersects with WIS 54, contributes to the numerous crashes at this intersection. Speed, traffic volumes, and large truck percentages are also contributing factors.
- The purpose of this project is to reconstruct and improve the safety of the WIS 54/Maple Dr. intersection for through traffic and local motorists.
- Based on input received at the public meeting in December 2012, and working with the local officials, WisDOT is moving forward with the construction of a modern roundabout at this intersection.
- The project will involve reconstructing the of WIS 54/Maple Dr. intersection from a conventional two-way stop control to a modern roundabout.
Promote your business during construction
- Construction is currently scheduled to begin in 2015.
- It is currently proposed to close the intersection during construction and detour traffic. WIS 54 will be detoured on the I-39 and County B while local traffic will utilize local streets for alternative routes.
- WisDOT is currently working through the project development process and preparing the necessary reports needed to move forward with the final design plans.
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT North Central Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
North Central Region, Wisconsin Rapids Office
1681 Second Ave. South
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Phone: (715) 421-8301
Fax: (715) 423-0334
WisDOT North Central Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: July 10, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.