Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 151 Fond du Lac Bypass Corridor Preservation Study
Fond du Lac County
|View NE, US 151 Fond du Lac Bypass Corridor Preservation Study in a larger map.|
US 151, WIS 175 to County WH, through city of Fond du Lac and the towns of Fond du Lac, Empire, and Taycheedah, in Fond du Lac County.
- This 8.1 mile long study will address future, long term transportation needs along the Fond du Lac Bypass.
- US 151, between WIS 175 and WIS 23, is a 5.2 mile long four-lane divided expressway with at-grade intersections. The preservation study will map the right of way needs for the location of future overpasses and interchanges. WisDOT's long-term vision of this segment is an ultimate freeway with increased mobility and traveler safety.
- The preservation study also includes a long-term safety and operations evaluation for the two-lane segment along US 151 between WIS 23 and County WH. Right of way was previously acquired along this segment to accommodate a future four-lane segment.
- US 151 is a Corridors 2030 Backbone route in the State Highway Plan. The US 151 segment between US 41 and WIS 23 is a connector route. WisDOT views the preservation of this corridor as essential for maintaining a high level of mobility and traveler safety.
- By mapping the land necessary for ultimate overpasses and interchanges, there would be a real estate cost savings to the public. Land costs become very expensive once development has occurred. Implementation of these proposed improvements can then be expedited once the land is mapped and funding becomes available.
- At public and local and elected officials request, WisDOT accelerated this preservation study and selected the preferred middle alternative. The middle alternative includes the area near County V (south) and US 45. A County V interchange has been selected. A north frontage road connecting County V and US 45 is still being considered. The US 45 jug handle ramps would be removed under this plan. Construction of these improvements will be dependent on completion of the mapping process and available funding.
2015 - Construction of County V interchange and County T overpass scheduled to start.
Study completed with no construction activity at this time.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: May 12, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.