Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 151 Bypass Improvements
Fond du Lac, in Fond du Lac
|View NE, US 151 Bypass Improvements in a larger map.|
US 151, from County V to US 45, including US 151/County V intersection, and County T, from Country Ln. to County K, in Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac County.
These proposed improvements along the US 151 Bypass enhance safety for travelers and contribute to WisDOT's goal for an ultimate conversion to a freeway facility.
Proposed improvements at County V and US 151
- The project involves replacing the at-grade US 151 and County V intersection with a partial cloverleaf interchange.
- A frontage road will be constructed connecting County V and US 45.
- A roundabout will be constructed at the County V and frontage road intersection and one at each of the interchange ramp terminals.
- The existing "jug handle" ramps at US 45 will be removed. Prairie Trail will be relocated from its current location to the north side of the frontage road.
- The proposed typical section for County V will be two 12-foot driving lanes with a 6-foot shoulder and curb and gutter for the area south of US 151.
- For County V north of US 151 and 8-foot shoulder will be used.
- With the proposed roundabouts and the overpass bridge several areas will have a raised curb median varying in width.
Proposed improvements at County T and US 151
- The existing at-grade US 151 and County T intersection will be replaced with an overpass with no direct access to US 151.
- Prairie Trail will be moved to go under the overpass structure with a connection to County T.
- The proposed typical section for County T will be two 12-foot driving lanes with a 6-foot shoulder and curb and gutter.
Real estate acquisition
- Right of way and easements will be required for this project.
- The County V project will acquire approximately 32.5 acres from 15 parcels.
- The County T project will acquire approximately 5.8 acres from 10 parcels.
Design work in the final design phase.
Construction scheduled for summer of 2015 through 2016.
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: July 31, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.