Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 32 Planning Study - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
- A planning study is needed to determine the best transportation solutions, along the WIS 32 corridor through the city of De Pere. This includes the feasibility of roadway capacity expansion at the CN Railroad structure.
- WisDOT will also investigate improved intersection operations and traffic flow.
- Investigating options for transit, bike and pedestrian accommodations in the downtown area.
- Utility replacements will be evaluated as part of the study.
- The study will help make accurate determinations of scope schedule and budget for the ultimate improvement project.
- Public input and involvement will be vital to the success of this planning study.
Project benefits/anticipated outcomes
- Preserve the public investment in WIS 32 by planning for long term mobility and safety in the downtown environment.
- WisDOT will maintain an open dialog with local stakeholders during the development of the WIS 32 planning study.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: December 6, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.