Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 96 Fox River Bridge and approaches - Traffic impacts
- NE region weekly construction update
- Visit Wisconsin 511 travel information for the NE region
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
The project will be completed in three stages with the work area in each stage being closed to through traffic:
- Spring 2014 - Stage 1, roundabout inlet repairs
- WIS 32/57 traffic will be detoured to County Z to County PP back to WIS 32/57.
- Spring/summer 2014 - Stage 2, WIS 96 east of WIS 32/57
- Traffic will be detoured to WIS 32/57 to County Z to County PP back to WIS 96.
- Summer/fall 2014 - Stage 3, WIS 96 west of WIS 32/57
- Traffic will be detoured to County D to County Z to WIS 32/57 back to WIS 96.
- Spring/summer/fall 2014 - Turner St. to County D
- Construction will be staged to maintain two lanes of WIS 96 traffic at all times.
- Summer/fall 2014 - County D (Plum Rd.) to Shanty Rd.
- WIS 96 will be closed to through traffic.
- Detour for this section of WIS 96 - County D to County Z to WIS 32/57 and back to WIS 96.
- Fall 2014 - County DD closure
- County DD to be closed from Poplar St. to WIS 96/Main St.
- This closure to take place during fall 2014 for railroad crossing work.
- Road closure signs to be placed at appropriate locations so alternate routes can be utilized.
- Spring/summer 2015 - WIS 96/Main St. detour
- WIS 96/Main St. to be closed from Green St. to High St.
- A signed detour to be in place - County U to County DD and back to WIS 96.
- Summer/fall 2015 - WIS 96/High St.
- WIS 96/High St. to be closed from 100 feet west of the Mueller St./High St. intersection to 400 feet south of Turner/Fair St. intersection for work along WIS 96 and intersections.
- The downtown High St./Washington St. area can be accessed by utilizing the new bridge over the Fox River, County D, and the existing Fox River bridge.
- Local roads to have road closed signs in place near intersections so local traffic can use alternate routes.
All closures are dependent on favorable weather conditions. Please drive with caution through work zones.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: May 6, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.