Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 178 - Fast facts
Chippewa Falls-Cornell, Chippewa
|View NW, WIS 178, County R (Chippewa Falls) to WIS 64 (Cornell), in Chippewa County in a larger map.|
This project has been completed.
WIS 178, County R (Chippewa Falls) to WIS 64 (Cornell), in Chippewa County.
We are currently making improvements to WIS 178. This project will include the following work:
- Reconstruct the existing roadway to improve straighten curves
- Widen roadway in some areas and reconstruct the intersection at County ZZ
- Construct a new retaining wall north of County ZZ
- Construct additional and upgrade existing storm sewer and culverts
- Upgrade permanent signing and guardrail
Promote your business during construction
- May 12, 2014 - Construction started
- August 1, 2014 - Construction completion
- Traffic is currently detoured using County R and WIS 64.
- Access will be maintained for all local residences, businesses, and emergency vehicles at all times throughout the project limits.
- Property owners and businesses will be notified at least three working days prior to any work being done on their driveways
Jessica Bowker, WisDOT Project Leader
Dave Koepp, WisDOT Project Manager
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
Fax: (715) 392-7863
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: August 15, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.