Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 2 (Belknap St.) - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
- Existing concrete is deteriorating due to a lack of underground drainage. Water becomes trapped beneath the existing pavement, compromising the subgrade and causing pavement deterioration.
- Maintenance efforts are no longer efficient due to the high costs.
- The corridor is experiencing 3 times the statewide average of crash rates.
Project benefits/anticipated outcomes
- Create an improved roadway and increase safety on US 2 / Belknap Street.
- Project provides in improvements to parking, sidewalk, lighting, and bike accommodations.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: October 30, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.