Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 2/US 53 Interchange to County D - Fast facts
|View NW, US 2/US 53 Interchange to County D - Douglas County in a larger map.|
US 2/US 53 Interchange to County D, east of Superior, in Douglas County.
- Approximately five miles of US 2 will be reconstructed in 2014.
- The limits of the project extend from the US 53/US 2 interchange to the intersection of US 2/County D in Poplar.
- A main portion of the project will shift US 2 to a new alignment on the north side of the existing highway from County U to Twenty Two Road where it will cross to the south side for about one mile and then continue to the east on the existing alignment.
- This new configuration will eliminate the "S" curve at Wentworth to improve safety for motorists.
Promote your business during construction
- March 4, 2014 - Started construction
- Nov. 15, 2014 - Construction expected to be completed
- Both lanes will remain open to traffic
- Construction is underway
Anticipated work schedule through April 25:
- Monitor erosion control
- Monitor traffic control
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Brendan Dirkes, WisDOT Project Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Superior Office
1701 N. 4th St.
Superior, WI 54880
Phone: (715) 392-7925
Fax: (715) 392-7863
TDD: (800) 590-1868
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: April 17, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.