Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 2 - Fast facts
|View NW, US 2 in Ashland, Ashland County in a larger map.|
Due to higher than anticipated bid amounts, WisDOT has decided to not award this project this year. Construction is tentatively planned for 2015.
US 2, 29th Ave. east to 36th Ave. east, in Ashland, Ashland County.
- WisDOT plans to make road improvements on US 2 in Ashland. Our construction project will replace two existing metal culvert pipes with concrete culvert pipes. Also, we plan to repair the existing concrete pavement.
- View project overview map
Promote your business during construction
- Mid-August to end of September
- Eastbound culvert to be replaced first. Eastbound US 2 traffic will be detoured using Industrial Park Road, Toll Road and Sum Road.
- Once completed, the westbound culvert will be replaced and westbound traffic will need to use 26th Avenue, Toll Road and Industrial Park Road to get around the work.
- Detour route - US 2 to 26th Ave. to Toll Rd. to Sum Rd. to US 2
- Temporary road widening will be done at the intersection of 26th Ave. east/Toll Road and Toll Road/Sum Road
Possible 2015 construction
Philip Keppers, WisDOT Project Manager
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
Fax: (715) 392-7863
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: October 16, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.