Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 65 Reconstruction - Fast facts
New Richmond, Polk
|View NW, WIS 65 Reconstruction in a larger map.|
WIS 65, from 40th Ave. to 0.57 miles north of 40th Ave. in New Richmond, Polk County
- We are planning to reconstruct a segment of WIS 65 curves to improve
motorist safety. The proposed highway improvements will:
- Reduce the overall crash rate and the severity of crashes
- Address geometric deficiencies of the roadway
- Increase mobility of drivers and allow movement at normal speeds
- Increase sight distance around crests and curves
- Increase lane and shoulder width
Promote your business during construction
- August 2014 - Document design decisions
- November 2015 - Final review of plans
- December 2015/January 2016 - Public Involvement Meeting
- 2018 - Construction
- WIS 65 will be closed to traffic.
- The detour will use WIS 64, WIS 46 and US 8.
- There are no residents or businesses within the project construction limits.
Beth Cunningham, WisDOT Project Manager
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
Fax: (715) 392-7863
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: July 22, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.