Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 93 Revitalization - Fast facts
Independence, Trempealeau County
|View NW, WIS 93 Revitalization - Independence, Trempealeau County in a larger map.|
Next public meeting will be held April 21, 5 p.m. at the Opera House in City Hall.
WIS 93, A St. to Indee Blvd., in Independence, in Trempealeau County.
- Reconstruct the existing roadway
- Reconstruct the WIS 93/WIS 121 intersection, including the addition of turn/auxiliary lanes
- Upgrade existing storm sewer and street lighting
- Replace outdated sanitary and water utilities
- Replace Elk Creek Bridge
Promote your business during construction
- April 2 through May 31 (stage one)- Work from WIS 93/WIS 121 intersection north.
- June 1 through Nov. 26 (stage two) - Begin work from the WIS 93/WIS 121 intersection south to A St. (including structure replacement).
- Sidewalk on east side of WIS 93 is closed.
- WIS 93 traffic will be detoured during construction, at the request of the city, to avoid the added costs of a temporary structure at the Elk Creek Bridge.
- April 2 through May 31 - Northern portion (stage one)
- Detoured via WIS 121 to US 53 to US 10 while work is being completed between WIS 121 and roughly 300 feet south of Indee Boulevard.
- WIS 121 eastbound traffic will be detoured via WIS 93 to US 10 to US 53 and in reverse for WIS 121 westbound traffic.
- June 1 through Nov. 26 - Southern portion (stage two)
- Detoured via WIS 95 to US 53 to WIS 121.
- June 1 through Aug. 8 - Bridge construction
- The bridge will be constructed during stage two of construction. Local traffic will be allowed to cross Elk Creek and use the roadway portion between Adams Street/County Q (North) and Elm Street.
- WIS 121 will be open to traffic
- Truck traffic is not allowed on any of the city streets.
- View detour map.
Project scheduled to be completed Nov. 26, 2014.
Dave Koepp, WisDOT Project Manager
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
Fax: (715) 392-7863
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: April 17, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.