Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
St. Croix Crossing-Wisconsin Approach Project - Fast facts
St. Joseph and Houlton, St. Croix County
St. Croix Crossing Superstructure Pile Driving Open House
Thursday, Dec. 12 from 5:30-7 p.m.
St. Croix Yacht Club at Sunnyside Marina-Details here
This three-mile project completes the WIS 64 majors project that was built in the early 2000's. The four lane expressway from New Richmond to Houlton will now tie-in to the new St. Croix Crossing structure over the St. Croix River that is expected to open in 2016. The project will include:
- WIS 35 overpass, located near the main bridge
- WIS 35/County E interchange
- Pedestrian and bike path
- Two roundabouts located at the ramp terminals
- November 2013 – Bids received for the second St. Croix River Bridge contract. Bid information.
- December 10, 2013 – Bids received for the first WisDOT approach contract
- Spring 2014 – Work begins on Wisconsin approach
all 2016-Project completion
Interchange location information
We are frequently asked why the new interchange will be built at County E. The location was selected during the stakeholder process because:
- Less future development pressure on the National Wild and Scenic Riverway area
- Less bluff impacts
- Better serves the developing areas south of Somerset and New Richmond
- Reduces the traffic volumes in front of Houlton Elementary
- Would have less impacts on area agriculture businesses
For more St. Croix Crossing project information:
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/stcroixcrossing
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotline: 855-GO CROIX (855-462-7649)
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
David Solberg, WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: December 9, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.