Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
St. Croix Crossing-Wisconsin Approach Project - Fast facts
St. Joseph and Houlton, St. Croix County
This three-mile project completes the WIS 64 majors project that was built in the early 2000's. The four lane expressway from New Richmond to Houlton will now tie-in to the new St. Croix Crossing structure over the St. Croix River that is expected to open in 2016. The project will include:
- WIS 35 overpass over the new WIS 64, located near the main bridge
- WIS 35/County E interchange
- Pedestrian and bike path
- Two roundabouts located at the ramp terminals
- Beginning March 10, 2014 – Work begins on Wisconsin approach.
- March 17, 2014-WIS 35 will close while interchange is built. The detour will be in effect until early July 2014
- Fall 2014 - First phase of this project will be completed
all 2016 - Full project completion
Weekly Construction updates
- Week of March 10: Clearing trees and snow. Some excavating may begin late in the week
- Week of March 17: Detour begins. Crews will remove WIS 35 roadway and they will work around the clock complete excavation for the bridge contractors to begin constructing the new overpass
For more St. Croix Crossing project information:
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/stcroixcrossing
- Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/saintcroixcrossingmndot
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotline: 855-GO CROIX (855-462-7649)
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Tim Mason, P.E. WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: March 11, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.